Monday, September 17, 2007

Another Gem from Jason



Holding On



Cast not away therefore your confidence, which hath great recompence
of reward.

Hebrews 10:35

When I got sick and had to start using a ventilator to breathe, I had
two possible reactions to God. I could either get bitter and angry toward Him
or I could trust in Him even more. Sadly, I chose to be bitter and angry. I let
go of my trust in Him and questioned why He could allow such suffering to
happen. I turned my back on Him as my Bible went unread and my prayers went
unsaid. I didn't want to live, but I was too afraid to die.



What I didn't realize then is God had great things ahead for me if I
would just hold on to my trust, if I would just have patience in my trials. Six
months after I gave up on God, He reminded me of His love and I put my
confidence back in Him. Little did I know then that my future involved a
ministry where I would use my experiences to reach out to other people. God
allows me show His power through my weakness. If I hold on to God, He will
continue to reward me by using me for His glory and His honor.



And by trusting in God, I have even greater things ahead for me when I
enter His presence after I die. On that day, I will truly be able to stand
before God with strong legs. Indeed, I plan to dance like David danced. On that
day, my lungs will not need mechanical assistance to breathe in the glory of
God and shout out His praises. On that day, I won’t need a hearing aid to hear
the angels sing, "Holy, holy, holy." On that day, I won't need
glasses to see the wonders laid before me.



Hold on, my friend. Trust God in your trials. Great things lie ahead.



(If this devotional has blessed you, please pass it on.)



From a fellow traveler just passing through,



Jason Mitchener

http://www.JasonMitchener.com



Jason's Music: http://www.soundclick.com/jasonmitchener

=========================================================



To subscribe, visit:

http://www.JasonMitchener.com



Powered by ScribeFire.

No comments:

Interesting Stuff