Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Dude, where's my Christmas Present?



The Generational Divide in Copyright Morality - New York Times
"Who thinks that might be wrong?" Two hands out of 500. Now, maybe there was some peer pressure involved; nobody wants to look like a goody-goody. Maybe all this is obvious to you, and maybe you could have predicted it. But to see this vivid demonstration of the generational divide, in person, blew me away. I don't pretend to know what the solution to the file-sharing issue is. (Although I'm increasingly convinced that copy protection isn't it.) I do know, though, that the TV, movie and record companies' problems have only just begun. Right now, the customers who can't even *see* why file sharing might be wrong are still young. But 10, 20, 30 years from now, that crowd will be *everybody*. What will happen then?
Right and Wrong? These are delusions similar to the one about God aren't they?



Powered by ScribeFire.

No comments:

Interesting Stuff