Saturday, September 18, 2004

The McRyanMac Movie Review Rating System

Because I value the time spent watching films and the money spent paying for them, my rating system will help you decide how I would spend both with regard to each film.

My rating system also is heavily weighted to the moral and philosophical value of the story. I believe human beings are hard wired for stories. Movies with little plot or frivolous goals do not rate well. I do not consider comedy a frivolous goal. But even comedy has a moral component and the best are in story form (which is why I’ve never liked slapstick).

Rating:

Own it:
Movies of such surpassing greatness that multiple viewings are required to fully appreciate their mastery.

Big Screen:
Movies that are worth paying the bucks to see in the theatre. In fact these movies lose their experiential power if not seen in theatre mode.

Rentable:
Movies that are definitely worth seeing.

On the Plane:
Movies that you might watch if you are on a plane and your not tired and have nothing else pressing or interesting to do.

Don’t waste your time or money:
You get the picture.

No comments:

Interesting Stuff