Monday, February 20, 2006

Bode Miller: Imagine there's no defeat

NBCOlympics.com - Alpine Skiing - Austrian Raich wins men's giant slalom: "Miller now has failed to medal in all four races in these games, but said afterward that he could just as easily have four golds.

'One of the good things about my career is I have such extensive knowledge, so I always go as hard as I can,' Miller said. 'Some guys can go 70-80 percent and get results, but I wouldn't do that.

'If things went well, I could be sitting on four medals, maybe all of them gold.'"


Maybe Nike can start a new ad campaign slogan on the heels of Bode Miller's Olympic results: Just Pretend.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The only thing more obnoxious than Bode Miller is the media's obsession with him. I won't Join Bode, but I would love to Join Joey (Cheek--the speed skater who is donating his winnings to help Sudanese refugees).

If only Bob Costas would use his powers for good.

Ryan said...

Wow, I didn't know that about Cheek.

Interesting Stuff