Tuesday, December 06, 2005

C. S. Lewis on the possibility of his movie...

C. S. Lewis: "But I am absolutely opposed - adamant isn'’t in it! - to a TV version. Anthropomorphic animals, when taken out of narrative into actual visibility, always turn into buffoonery or nightmare. At least, with photography. Cartoons (if only Disney did not combine so much vulgarity with his genius!) wld. be another matter."

Thankfully technology has made it possible to credibly realize his vision. The shot at Disney is funny.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Interesting you reviewed these two movies... I had a "nothing going on" kinda day last week, and took in a double feature of "Walk the Line" and "Zathura".

Absolutely loved "Walk the Line". Moreso for the acting than the story. Music was tremendous. I wish they focused more on his later years in life... when faith was more important to him. From what I read, there was nothing more important to him and June than their faith in the Lord. The movie stopped once they hit 30.

Zathura was fun, although I have to agree, I wanted to punch that older brother dead in the face.

Then I remembered... that older brother was me.

Ryan said...

Schicky,

You punk. I'm glad you've been redeemed because I'd have to punch you in the face.

The best thing about Walk the Line is that it introduced me to a whole bunch of new Johnny Cash hits. Of course my kids get tired of my hitting the low notes on Ring of Fire all the time. Lucky for me my voice is sliding right down into Cash's range. Just one of the benefits of drinking a lot of coffee. I'll be if I smoked more I'd sound just like him.

Even in the movie though Cash seemed like a decent but flawed man.

Interesting Stuff