Friday, December 02, 2005

"Merry Christmas Uncle, God Save You!"

My Kids and I started reading A Christmas Carol out loud the other night and then I came across this:

WMCA 570 & 970 DJ:

"ACLU
'Wishing You Merry Christmas'
125 Broad Street
18th Floor
New York, NY 10004"


I think I'm going to participate in this.

The two go together in my head because Scrooge's nephew is undeterred in his love of Christmas or others, even in the face of Scrooge's attempts to undermine Christmas.

So I figure whatever the ACLU may hope, I wish they and all others a Merry Christmas, now and forever.

BTW: one of the most touching scenes in the Narnia movie was the appearance of Father Christmas. Lewis, genius that he was, knew that even in a metaphor, after the long winter of a fallen world, Christmas must come before Easter. Talk about your semi-eschatological holidays.

God save you.

No comments:

Interesting Stuff