Monday, August 29, 2005

Inside Higher Ed :: Proving the Critics' Case

Inside Higher Ed: "Instead, the last two years have seen proud, often inflammatory, defenses of the professoriate’s ideological imbalance. These arguments, which have fallen into three categories, raise grave concerns about the academy’s overall direction.

1. The cultural left is, simply, more intelligent than anyone else...

2. A left-leaning tilt in the faculty is a pedagogical necessity, because professors must expose gender, racial, and class bias while promoting peace, “diversity” and “cultural competence"...

3. A left-leaning professoriate is a structural necessity, because the liberal arts faculty must balance business school faculty and/or the general conservative political culture...
What a bunch of Barbara Streisand.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Been looking at blogs, found your Blog...
I have a Posters, Art Prints and Poetry site and blog.
Feel free to visit anytime. :)

Anonymous said...

Hi, I was just wandering around the net and came accross your site! I really like what you have done, I have added it to my faves so that I can check back to see your updateds! If you are interested, go see my ear yeast infection treatment in dogs related site. It isnt anything special but you may still find something of interest.

Anonymous said...

I Feel Blessed but I'M not Spoilt
A FLEET of luxury cars is at her disposal - a Mercedes, a Lexus and a Porsche convertible.
You have a awesome blog!

I've got a penile enlargement treatment site. It's about penile enlargement treatment related info.

Come see when you can..

Anonymous said...

Verizon cutting EV-DO prices?
Is Verizon Wireless getting ready to drop what it charges for accessing EV-DO on a laptop? Reuters ... Take a look at a few of this week's featured deals: Western Digital 300GB Hard Drive Two Mushkin 512MB SDRAM Chips Free Shipping on Netgear until 8/31 Don't just take our word for it, read what our customers and the community at large are saying ...
Your blog looks cool! Hey, would you like to visit my website? It's about fund raising school. Let me know what you think.

Interesting Stuff