Monday, August 08, 2005

McCain to America: "Do as I legislate, not as I, uh, violate the spirit of said legislation in an attempt to ready myself for another presidential run

Protein Wisdom: "It'’s one thing to co-author legislation that, when all is said and done, will do more to weaken the First Amendment than just about any piece of legislation ever signed into law; it is quite another, however, to insist everyone else'’s free speech be regulated while reserving for yourself special dispensation.

Unless of course "“maverick"” means "above the law." In which case, carry on, Senator. Fight the good fight. After all, if anybody knows what's best for us, it's the guy who doesn'’t trust us to speak freely."
I was at Arizona State when John McCain first rain for Congress. I respected his war record and thought well of him. I now think he will go down in history as one of the most damaging politicians in the history of the United States of America.

(But he took the money out of politics!)

Yeah right. Read the whole thing.

No comments:

Interesting Stuff