Friday, May 13, 2005

From Corona to Ventura?

Press-Telegram - PM Updates: "With a proposed net loss of more than 1,500 jobs, Naval Base Ventura County stands to be the biggest loser in California, followed by 1,200 jobs proposed to be transferred out of San Diego County.

``The base remains open and if you count 1,500 jobs out of 18,000, I think we came out of the whole thing very well, but I'd have to say 1,500 jobs lost is 1,500 people,'' Ventura County Supervisor John Flynn said.

Flynn was told that 2,300 Ventura County jobs will transfer to Naval Air Weapons Center China Lake in the Kern County desert, but that 850 will be added from a Navy installation in Corona in Riverside County."

It looks like my Brother in Law may be moving to Ventura. I'm blogging this stuff so that my Sister can get some good intel on these changes until my Brother in Law gets off of an airplane.

Update: Here's the official list of closures from the Defense Dept.

No comments:

Interesting Stuff