Friday, March 04, 2005

Dennis Prager: The case for Judeo-Christian values

I realized the other night after hearing Dennis Prager at CU that I ought to link to his series on Judeo-Christian Values.

I heard someone say years ago that an evangelical Protestant like me has more in common with a Roman Catholic than a liberal Protestant. I think that's true.

The reason hinges on the question of whether the text of Scripture is Divine and infallible.

I think the same could be said about Jews like Prager. Prager has more in common with evangelical Protestants like me than he does with secular Jews.

Here's the first installment.
Dennis Prager: Better answers: The case for Judeo-Christian values: "Better answers: The case for Judeo-Christian values"

Here's a juicy quote:
"The oft cited charge that religion has led to more wars and evil than anything else is a widely believed lie. Secular successors to Christianity have slaughtered and enslaved more people than all religions in history (though significant elements within a non-Judeo-Christian religion, Islam, slaughter and enslave today, and if not stopped in Sudan and elsewhere could match Nazism or Communism)."

No comments:

Interesting Stuff