Friday, March 04, 2005

Krugman: Another casualty of the Blog Reformation

I was reading Linked, which on the whole is a fine book when I choked on a particular name:

From pg. 210: "Paul Krugman, professor of economics and international affairs at Princeton..."

5 years ago I would have been very impressed by this description. Princeton is where smart people of towering moral intellect like Peter Singer work, right?

But since I began to read Instapundit last year, I have read the name Paul Krugman again and again.

And his name is always mentioned with derision.

Examples are as fresh as today's headlines.

Blogs have made it possible for me to read, almost weekly, devastating critique of a New York Times economist.

I don't know anything about Economics. Heck I can barely balance a checkbook.

But I know from the withering accountability of blogs that Paul Krugman is usually wrong, and usually partisan. Never mind that he's featured in "the paper of record".

Speaking of which, the New York Times is regularly the object of derision. At least it's not the object of outrage (like the LA Times).

The emperor has no clothes.

Thanks Blogosphere: Reformed and always reforming.

No comments:

Interesting Stuff